About Metro Milwaukee SHRM
Since 1925, Metro Milwaukee SHRM has been serving human resource management professionals throughout Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin. Today, we represent more than 700 members from more than 500 companies, placing us among the largest affiliate chapters of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The mission of Metro Milwaukee SHRM is to “Serve the professional and advance the profession.” To serve the professional, we provide education, training, communications, networking, and more. To advance the profession, we connect with the larger business community, promote the work of the HR professional, and advocate on behalf of our members.
Our success is our member’s success, helping each to contribute at a higher level to their organization, profession, and community.
Metro Milwaukee SHRM believes in the dignity of all people. We believe in the power of professional relationships and teamwork. We believe in our members and the positive difference they make in the through their commitment to this profession.
Metro Milwaukee SHRM members become leaders in their communities through education, by building professional relationships, and by facilitating the exchange of cutting-edge ideas and business solutions.
Metro Milwaukee SHRM is committed to 'Serving the Professional' by:
- Providing comprehensive information and tools to human resource professionals to enable them to make educated decisions;
- Investing in the appropriate research and infrastructure to provide access to and delivery of information; and
- Being the recognized forum for the exchange of ideas, for the development of professional relationships, and for increasing human resource knowledge.
Metro Milwaukee SHRM is committed to ‘Advancing the Profession’ by:
- Setting the agenda for the human resource profession;
- Reflecting social responsibility in strategic and tactical decisions;
- Ensuring human resources is recognized for its contributions to business success;
- Enhancing the capability and credibility of the human resource profession; and
- Building communities for the exchange of cutting edge business ideas.