Fresh produce. Quality products. When you join the V. Marchese team, you know you are working for an ethical organization delivering healthy produce to restaurants and grocers across the United States. As a family-owned business, V. Marchese insists that employees maintain a work-life balance, and leaders are excited to invest in your development.
Reporting to the CFO, the HR Generalist position is primarily responsible for aligning human resources processes and solutions to meet business needs. They will serve on leadership teams and partner with the CFO and other staff leaders to optimize performance. Work with management to determine both strategic and tactical plans to achieve business results while maintaining positive employee relations. Responsible for recruitment, hiring and onboarding; HR compliance; management coaching and training; safety and risk management; compensation and pay administration; payroll and benefits administration; managing HR records; developing and implementing policies. Ensure that HR systems and processes remain in compliance with all local, state, federal and corporate requirements. May provide leadership or guidance to other HR staff.
- Lead as an HR business partner, change agent and employee advocate while supporting all aspects of location business operations.
- Provide leadership and guidance on a variety of Human Resources policies and procedures and providing training and coaching to managers, functional leaders and employees
- Collaborate with the HR team on leading the talent management process, ensuring assignment of developmental actions, completion of performance reviews and coaching conversations along with calibrating employee assessments, and compensation changes.
- Help ensure legal compliance, including FMLA, FLSA, Short Term Disability, EEO, I-9, OSHA, COBRA, UI, and ADA activities while creating a balance between Company responsibilities and employee needs.
- Responsible for managing employee relations activities from conducting investigations, conflict resolution, succession planning, performance improvement plans and corrective action.
- Responsible for the administration of compensation practices, performance reviews, merit increase process, compensation and benefits systems.
- Responsible for site administration and transactional activities include data entry to maintain the HRIS System database (new employee data entry, change in status, employee transfers, address changes, banking information, etc.)
- Compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources to ensure data-based decisions occur. Analyze trends and present recommendations to senior leadership.
- Responsible for helping to cultivate and maintain a union-free environment, where employees feel valued and respected.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and analytical capabilities.
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs effectively.
- Knowledgeable about state and federal laws involving employment and HR policies. In-depth knowledge of HR compliance, including FMLA, Short Term Disability, EEO, I-9, OSHA,and ADA.
- Experience working in organizations with unskilled labor is preferred.
- Knowledge of HRIS software or related HR database. Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus.
- Strong computer skills and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- The ability to have a flexible schedule to ensure interaction with all shifts
- Self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented. Hard-working and dedicated to the organization’s success.
- A bachelors' degree in Human Resources (or related field) and a minimum of five (5) years practical experience required
- At least 3 years’ experience as a senior HR Generalist required, emphasizing job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits, and overall HR compliance.
- Professional HR Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) is strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working at a computer
- Occasionally work in extreme temperatures (cold) when visiting staff locations.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.