River Run is an established leader providing managed IT services with an entrepreneurial atmosphere that generates from the belief that our employees are our greatest strength. We are looking for a part-time Human Resources Generalist that is committed to recruiting top talent and providing our staff members with exceptional work experience. From the moment of first being introduced to the company until the time they leave, we want employees to be engaged in their jobs and the organization. Our ideal candidate will be a proven recruiter that is skilled in managing benefits, employee relations, recognition, and engagement in a manner that retains staff members long-term and builds our brand and “FIPPERD” culture. Not a fan of doing payroll? Our Accounting Manager handles that. We are proud of the “We Got This” attitude and actions of our diverse workforce, and your new role is tasked with ensuring that our company culture welcomes a diverse population. We support each person in achieving career goals within the organization and provide both internal and external training opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the Human Resources Generalist is to support the implementation and deployment of human resources policies, programs, and initiatives for River Run.
The Human Resources Generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee on-boarding, leave of absence management, training compliance/coordination, metric tracking, safety administration, workers' compensation claim management, recruiting and Affirmative Action compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates new hire onboarding activities from pre-employment screening through first day new hire orientation
- Leads employee new hire orientation along with the new hire’s manager.
- Provides analytics to measure human resources related functions like our Office Vibe engagement app.
- Proactively manages HR and employee files in order to maintain integrity of employee
- and organizational data.
- Works with employees, supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues, provides coaching on performance management and advises on talent development.
- Work with workers' compensation adjusters to ensure accurate and timely handling of claims.
- Interprets basic HR policy, directs and delivers human resources services; identifies appropriate policy and procedures for specific situations.
- Serves as an employee advocate, balancing fair labor standards, River Run policy and practice and business needs.
- Ensures compliance with & integration of EEOC & AAP requirements into proper HR practices.
- Supports the organizational talent review process.
- Responds to employee calls and inquiries by third parties (e.g. government or statutory bodies, bank or financial institution, survey agencies, etc.)
- Performs basic administration processing and approval of transactions, data input and verification of required documentation.
- Ensures timely and accurate data entry and corrections of HR transactions into systems.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associates degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources experience
- Recruitment experience building processes and relationships that ensure a pipeline of talent
- Knowledge of HR laws, policies, and procedures with a basic understanding of legal compliance requirements
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer focus
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task by being able to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment, while being highly detail-oriented
- Strong teamwork skills including the ability to collaborate with others to deliver outstanding business solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work effectively in changing environments
- Results-driven with emphasis on keeping commitments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Consistently demonstrates highest level of ethical conduct and alignment with FIPPERD
- Credible human resources professional with an ability to build effective business relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated process execution skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for continued learning and personal development
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, human resources or a related discipline
- Advanced computer skills, specifically with Excel
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
OUR CORE VALUES: “FIPPERD”
- Focused on our clients
- Engaged and Communicative