ABOUT THE COMPANY
Direct Supply is the nation’s leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
JOB SUMMARY / DESCRIPTION:
The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for biweekly payroll processing, monthly payroll close procedures, and serve as a reliable and credible resource for internal partners related to a variety of payroll matters including reporting and training.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processing and auditing bi-weekly payroll with a high level of accuracy, ensuring that all data entered (wage, taxes and W-2s) are correct and complete on a continual basis.
- Completing accounting related month end tasks (including payroll-related journal entries) in a timely and accurate fashion, as well as other Accounting/HR/Benefits projects or requests as assigned. These projects and requests include payroll analysis as well as process improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring Direct Supply is in compliance with any and all payroll laws, and that payroll taxes are remitted and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain new auditing procedures related reporting.
- Handling internal inquiries from Partners relative to payroll software functionality, payroll issues and general customer service. This includes training any newly hired Partners and/or promoted leaders as to their responsibilities in regard to Payroll.
- Cross-functional support in other areas of the department when needed (providing backup for Accounts Payable, as an example).
- 3+ years of experience working as a payroll specialist
- Workday experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and decision making skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of accounting rules and practices
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office applications a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Four-year college degree in a business-related concentration
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred, although a Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) a plus
- Experience with Workday is a plus
- Peer Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Personal Learning
- Drive for Results
- Learning on the Fly
HOW TO APPLY: