WE ARE ASQ: EXCELLENCE THROUGH QUALITY
ASQ is the leading membership association to help quality professionals achieve their career goals and drive excellence through quality in their organizations and industries. We provide expertise, knowledge, networks and solutions to a global membership of individuals and organizations panning more than 140 countries. ASQ was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Our People Operations Director reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, will provide hands-on leadership and oversight of the People Operations function. This includes talent acquisition and management, performance management, training and development, employee relations and engagement, employment law and regulatory compliance, benefits and compensation. The role will be an advocate for ASQ’s positive work culture, including the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where they are a “player-coach” with the ability to spearhead strategic People Operations initiatives, and partner closely with business leaders to advance People strategies and solutions aligned with the goals of the organization. This is an opportunity to develop and execute systems, processes, tools, and programs to establish and advance organizational capabilities for success. You will join a talented and cohesive leadership team and help take the world’s foremost name in Quality to new levels of People value.
- Design, lead, and oversee exceptional People strategies and day-to-day operations, including the management and development of a People Operations team committed to advancing high performance and the employee experience.
- Partner with business leadership to create and support an inclusive work culture focused on open communication, empowerment, diversity, equity, recognition, and accountability.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to business leadership on People relations, organizational design, business transitions, and compliance.
- Architect and owner of the People performance management system, including goal setting, coaching, reviews, and full-loop feedback in alignment with strategic planning.
- Architect and owner of the People talent management and development frameworks, including recruitment, training, and succession planning, to acquire and retain high performance People and exceptional leaders.
- Champion People engagement through development of engagement tools, surveys, analysis of data, and recommendation of actions.
- Oversee all People compliance, compensation, benefits and work-perk programs, including merit increases, the 403b plan, and other incentives, to ensure equity and incentivize high performance.
- Provide advice and support to the ASQ Staff Compensation and Benefits Committee and Ethics Committee as needed.
- Form and manage People Operations policies, budget, KPIs and matrix, records administration, payroll administration, departmental software and technology, and contractors.
- Maintain awareness of the need for continuous improvement and new technology solutions.
- Perform shared services for ASQExcellence.
Bring Your Best
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- 10 years of years of progressive experience in Human Resources
- 5 years of people management (or equivalent combination of above)
- Master’s degree and professional certifications such as SPHR or CEBS preferred
- Budget management and strong business acumen
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster employee engagement
ASQ is conveniently situated in downtown Milwaukee, in the ASQ Center, immediately adjacent to major freeway exits, The Avenue MKE, and RiverWalk. Our location provides our employees easy indoor and outdoor access to shopping, restaurants and coffee shops. Our office space is in a historic building incorporating a contemporary workspace; including newly designed workstations, sit/stand desks, and community and collaboration space.
Why You Should Apply
At ASQ, our philosophy is that performance-driven pay provides a foundation for a complete benefit package that helps you live your best life, both at work and at home. Competitive base pay, outstanding benefits, opportunities for learning and growth, programs to help you plan for the future and perks that inspire your downtime are all part of ASQ’s total compensation package.
Learning and Growth
- Challenging and interesting work
- Benefits of ASQ membership
- ASQ-sponsored training
- Opportunities to achieve professional designations and certifications
- Performance management and coaching
- Tuition reimbursement
Health and Wellness
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings accounts
- Flexible spending accounts
- Fun and rewarding wellness program with Go365™
- Competitive base pay
- Opportunity for annual merit and incentive pay
- Outstanding benefits
Planning for the Future
- Retirement savings program
- Disability income plan
- Life insurance
Culture and Workplace
- Growing, global organization with an exciting future
- Mission-driven and committed to sharing ideas and tools that make the world work better
- Healthy work/life balance and flexible work schedules; Telecommute Options
- Positive, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- One-week winter break every December, in addition to accrued paid time off and other paid holidays
- Regular coffee socials, happy hours, food truck days, lunchtime yoga, chair massages, and more!