You are known for a positive attitude, fostering fun and good health among colleagues and their families. You have solid communication skills to educate and convey understanding of potentially complex issues that matter in people’s lives. You work collaboratively with internal and external partners creating relationships, trust, appreciation and understanding. You successfully manage and motivate your team to succeed.
Your Passion. Our Culture.
At Sargento, you work for a company you believe in, with a family of people who believe in you. Our culture stems from a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. At Sargento, you can make decisions based on how they affect people as well as the long-term health of our company. You will be encouraged to make a meaningful difference in the community, in the company and in your career. With diverse experiences and tools to learn and develop, you can transform your aspirations into reality. If you’re ready for the right place to belong and grow your career, you can find it here.
What You Do.
- Provide strategic thought leadership with regard to maximizing employee value while controlling benefits costs to optimize ROI in employee benefits
- Research, conduct RFP’s, recommend and manage the implementation and administration of all corporate employee health, welfare and retirement programs
- Participate in and review employee benefits surveys
- Analyze benefit plan experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors and recommend changes, as needed
- Lead the Benefits Committee meetings. Review plan performance, provider services and performance, administrative items and recommend changes to plan designs and offerings, as appropriate, to ensure compliance and competitiveness
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations to remain and employer of choice
- Under the direction of the Benefits Committee, lead the negotiations with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for services, coverage, and plan administrative fees
- Work with legal counsel to ensure all plan documents and notices are up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable legal requirements
- Work with benefit providers, brokers, consultant, vendors, Internal Communications and participants to develop educational tools and resources to maximize the use and understanding of plans/programs
- Prepare and communicate information to individuals about benefit programs, procedures, changes and government mandated disclosures, through in-person meetings, electronic communications, annual enrollment materials, direct mailings, newsletters, etc.
- Remain current with all applicable employee benefit laws. Manage and oversee the submission of government-mandated reports, as required, such as the Form 5500s, ACA required reports, Medicare reporting, etc.
- Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to employee benefits, and report required and/or suggested changes to the Benefits Committee for review
- Ensure compliance with legally required Employee Benefits training of appropriate individuals across the organizations
- Oversee all legally required Benefit plan related audits. Perform periodic plan audits, to ensure compliance
- Handle benefits inquires and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution. Maintain contact in person, and by phone or mail, with hospitals, physicians, insurance companies, employees, and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all participants
- Manage the maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans
- Lead corporate Wellness Committee program. Develop, implement and evaluate programs with on-site Health & Wellness Center, Broker, and external providers to maximize employee and family member’s wellbeing
- Develop, recommend, and monitor budget allocations for employee benefits
- Participate in departmental strategic planning, projects and other duties as assigned
Your Needs. Our Values.
“People-First Culture” - Our people-first culture is founded on a simple premise: Hire good people and treat them like family. Your team really is your extended family and friends. Our Sargento Family rallies around those experiencing challenging situations and are the first ones to celebrate milestones.
Live Well, Work Well - You are encouraged and enabled to balance your career with interests and activities outside of work. We value Humor and Fun because we can laugh at ourselves and you can’t smile without saying “cheese”. Our CEO always says, if you’re not having fun at work or spending time with your family, then you’re doing it wrong.
Career Advancement - We support your career aspirations with individual development plans, career paths, coaching and mentoring through our “promote from within” philosophy. It is not uncommon for employees to start their career in an entry-level manufacturing position and with dedication, hard work, and our tuition reimbursement program they have the potential to advance into leadership roles.
Caring for Community - When you work here, you can make a difference in the company and in the lives of people in our communities, including supporting the United Way, Habitat for Humanity and feeding those in need. We partner with the Green Bay Packers through our ‘Touchdowns for Hunger’ program which has resulted in donating $1.3 million to date for hunger relief. We support our employees who serve their communities year-round including providing paid time off to contribute to causes that are meaningful to them.
Brand Innovation & Leadership - We’re a national brand, owned by a real family. Because we are privately-held every employee is considered part of the Sargento Family and can make a meaningful impact. We seek people who will challenge assumptions and introduce new ideas to help achieve our corporate goals. We are an industry leader because of our quest to find the next breakthrough and have been a Nielsen Award Winner thanks to our game-changing products.
With 2,000 employees and net sales of $1.4 billion, Sargento Foods is a family-owned company that has been a leader in cheese for more than 60 years. We created the world’s first, successful pre-packaged sliced and shredded natural cheeses. Sargento is based in Plymouth, Wisconsin, where we manufacture and market shredded, sliced and snack natural cheese products, as well as ingredients and sauces. Sargento is known for the exceptional quality of our products and for product design, packaging and merchandising innovations that have transformed our industry.